Distracted Driving Statistics
You don’t have to be a traffic safety engineer to know that drivers are more distracted than ever. The people who do study those statistics at the National Safety Council have found some alarming numbers:
- Every day, 9 people are killed and more than 1,000 are injured in crashes involving distracted drivers.
- Drivers looking out the windshield can miss seeing up to 50% of what’s around them, including pedestrians and red lights, when they’re talking on a cell phone.
- People are distracted for up to 27 seconds after sending a voice text.
- 80% of drivers mistakenly believe that hands-free devices are safer than hand-held ones.
- 21% of all fatal crashes may involve a drowsy driver, and more than 1 out of 3 Americans are sleep-deprived.
When the people behind the wheel aren’t paying attention, they put everyone at risk.
That’s why it just doesn’t make sense to push your stroller from behind when you cross the street or walk through a busy parking lot. The last place your baby should be is out front and low to the ground.
We believe your baby deserves a safer way to ride in a stroller. The Stroller Controller puts you in front, changing your vantage point and making it easier for you to see traffic and for drivers to notice you. Because milliseconds matter.
Source - National Safety Council: https://bit.ly/3dlvNFS